KLEINER PERKINS cites seven rules for start-ups, advising that if you cannot align with at least five of them, rethink your business plan. Ajit Nazare from Kleiner Perkins offered the rules during a "Future of Software" panel discussion at TiEConEast.
KP's 7 rules for start-ups
- Instant Value to customers - Solve a problem or create value with the first use.
- Viral adoption - Pull, not push. No direct sales force required.
- Minimum IT footprint, preferably none. Hosted SaaS is best.
- Simple, intuitive user experience - no training required.
- Personalized user experience - customisable.
- Easy configuration based on application or usage templates.
- Context aware - adjust to location, groups, preferences, and devices.
Don Dodge -- "Kleiner Perkins"